On Spotlight: Preview before you post to Facebook
We have a large number of customers, who actively manage their Facebook Fan Page accounts to promote exclusive deals. During one of our webinar sessions, a request that was voted top across board was “Can we have the ability to customize the Facebook link preview?”.
A Facebook Link preview is generated by facebook when you share a Link. If you do not have the ability to customize how the preview will look like, then Facebook will make a default selection for the Preview Image and Description.
For example, if you are sharing a link from http://dealoftheday.com the default preview that gets generated is shown below:
As can be seen, this image (Login) and the description conveys absolutely no meaning to the viewer. We thought the capability to edit preview of links on Facebook had a huge benefit.
So, here we go!
We have added a new feature in the Post Message functionality, where by, users can preview and edit how their messages will look like on Facebook, before publishing.
1. Click Post Message in ObjectiveMarketer
2. Write your message (For e.g.Have you checked out ObjectiveMarketer? http://objectivemarketer.com)
3. Click on the “More” link just below the post message box. This displays a randomly selected image, and a description.
4. You can click on the right and left arrow keys to select the image you want to be shown.
5. You can click on the editable text box, and enter the actual text that you want displayed next to the image. For example “Sign up NOW for 30 days free trial”
6. Select the Facebook / Page that you want this displayed.
7. That is all. This is how it shows up in the Page:
It is very important to maximize interaction, at every user touch point. With this new capability, ObjectiveMarketer users can customize the way their links are described on Facebook.
Join the Forces
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.